When you want power tools? What’s the first name you think of?
Of course, it’s DeWalt and now DeWalt has a tool that every construction worker, Carpenter, or any person who’s had to lay a floor could want. It’s the DEWALT DWE7480 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw with Site-Pro Modular Guarding System. A table saw with the difference. It’s one of the first that is truly portable in self-contained. No longer are you tied to the city power grid or unreliable electrical connections at a jobsite.
Manufactured by one of the premier names in portable power that is used on virtually any construction job in the United States. DeWalt now turns its eyes to the needs of those who use table saws extensively in their work. For on the spot carpentry, cutting of tile, and getting a wall panel to fit into awkward places this is the tool you need.
Reasonably priced at $379 on Amazon after discount office normal list price of $749.58 you get a product, which is top-of-the-line in quality, precision and reliability that other table saws only dream of matching.
A Powerhouse in a Small Package
The DeWalt opens for you a new world of power tools. Modular and designed to be rugged and go where the work is. With a specially designed storage system that’s built-in, everything you need and comes in one easy unit that is simple to carry or transport in any pickup truck or van. It even throws into the trunk of most autos so it can get on the job the same time you do.
So, while on-site you know things don’t always work right for the DeWalt you can easily change the shape, cut a notch, or even split plank if you need to. This allows you great flexibility in your workload. With its powerful 4800-RPM motor, there is virtually no wood, tile, or plastic it can’t cut. Cutting cable runs is child’s play so now you can precisely cut a cable run that can go around any obstacle.
Shelving the bugaboo of many a homeowner can now is cut custom to fit any nook and cranny that your customer desires. This is a boon for those last-minute changes to architectural drawings for a scratch built house.
With its custom roll bars, it can go anywhere and his rugged enough to take a jolt or two moving it from your vehicle to the worksite.
Your Work Proceeds Faster As You Can Shape on the Fly
You can work without having to worry about going back to the shop to have wall-sections notched to fit around beams. Tile can be cut precisely to shape and the DeWalt alleviates the need for having electrical power cables are laid to the worksite or having a generator moved out to the site just to support your cutting and trimming. The DWE7480 is right there and with 15 A of battery power there is virtually nothing that it can’t cut through.
With interchangeable blades or carbide disks, you are set for any job imaginable. Laying a hardwood or laminate floor is a snap as with the fine toothed blade cuts are smooth and without rough edges. Your flooring job seems to put assemble itself smoothly and effortlessly.
You cut the time you spend working off-site by 10 to 30% just by being able to do the work yourself on-site where you can easily measure and see what needs to be done. This alone makes having a portable table saw a must.
The Advantage of Portability
The DeWalt DWE 7480 is one of the most powerful and lightest portable table saws on the market today. At 45 pounds, its closest competitor is almost 15 pounds heavier. This is a tremendous advantage if you are moving between worksites cutting and shaping tile and flooring as part of your contracting business. The ease of getting it in and out of vehicles saves you time and effort. This means you get the work done quicker and more efficiently.
The DeWalt name also means you have a quality product that is backed by years of dependable service worldwide and recommended by unions, trade shops, and contractors almost universally.
The DeWalt DWE 7480 Features
The DeWalt is one of the most rugged, reliable portable table saws manufactured anywhere, and these are the some of the features that put it at the top of the list for any craftsman worth his salt:
- Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- 24-1/2″ of rip easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim materials
- 15 Amp, 4800 rpm motor
- Metal roll cage base offers greater durability than plastic bases
- Weighing only 45 lbs., can easily be moved on and off the job
- Adjustable rear feet designed to level the saw on uneven work surfaces
- Dust port allows for 2-1/2″ vacuum hook up and minimizes clean up
- 24T carbide blade enhances cut quality and prolongs blade life
- Table coating reduces friction for smoother cutting
- Miter Gauge
- Push stick
- 10″ Carbide Blade
- Blade Guard
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Amps 15.0Amps
- No Load Speed 4800rpm
- Blade Diameter 10″
- Arbor Size 5/8″
- Dust Port Diameter 2-1/2″
- Depth of Cut at 90° 3-1/8″
- Depth of Cut at 45° 2-1/4″
- Max Rip To Right Of Blade 24″
- Max Rip To Left Of Blade 12″
- Max Width of Dado N/A”
- Tool Weight 48lbs
- Shipping Weight 57lbs
- Used by builders, carpenters, and homeowners everywhere
- Lightweight and Portable
- Fence system is quick and easy to use
- Highly efficient dust port, keeps dust down
- Allows for work inside the home and by using a shop vac leaves no mess behind
- The riveting knife is a noteworthy addition
- The DeWalt is more user-friendly than either of Makita or a Bosch
- Under table storage
- Many users give it five out of five stars 5 Stars (5 / 5)
- Perfect cuts
Even a DeWalt sometimes has some negatives, tools and products for the Builder, contractor, or carpenter comes with some cons, and in the case of the DeWalt, its mitre guide Is a bit flimsy and could be better.
- Some complain that the blades are of lesser quality than on some of the earlier DeWalt tools
- The insert isn’t perfectly flat and troops near the blade
- The stand attachment is assembled with nuts and bolts and if you are moving from job to job this could delay you somewhat.